Phase 2: Dec 2 - TBD
As of Dec. 3rd, 2020, the PHO has ordered all indoor sports activities to move back to Phase 2 protocols viaSport and BC Hockey. Rinks at Richmond Ice Centre and Minoru will remain open. Dressing rooms will only be open to goalies and coaches. Players are to come partially dressed, masks on and after check-in, they are to proceed to the arena benches to put on their skates, helmets and gloves. For the younger age groups, we encourage them to come fully dressed, with their skates on.
We have developed a specific plan that all players, parents, coaches and volunteers are expected to follow:
- Rink Entry – 10 minutes before ice time. Please arrive in the parking lot between 15 and 30 mins before your ice time. Players, team officials, referees will only be allowed in the building 10 minutes before their ice time. No early entry permitted!
- Every participant entering the facility will need to do a health screen via Teamsnap HealthCheck and show results to the volunteer at check-in. Please arrive fully dressed with a mask on. We recommend U9 and under to be fully dressed with skates on before entering the building.
- Goalies can come partially dressed and put the pads, skates, gloves and helmets in a designated dressing room.
- Check-in lines will be set up outside of the main entrances for players. Masks are mandatory as per the City of Richmond. All participants will need to wear masks inside and outside the building. No mask, no entry.
- After check-in, all participants need to hand sanitize. The HCSP (safety person) will take the participants into their rink. Please follow the directional flow arrows and signage while maintaining a 3m distance on and off the ice as per BC Hockey and City of Richmond protocols.
- Small duffle bags are allowed inside the rink, and large hockey bags are not permitted.
- An HCSP will be designated inside and out of the rink to help players answer questions, direct traffic flow, and attend emergencies.
- There will be designated “numbered” spots on the bench for players and water bottles for proper distancing during practices and skills sessions.
- Every athlete must have their own pre-filled water bottle before arriving. (no sharing)
- Spitting is strictly prohibited.
- After your ice time, players will have a maximum of 5 minutes to EXIT the building. Please hand sanitize before exiting.
- Please refer to facility flow maps. A mask must be worn in all common areas. U9 and under players can enter the facility with helmets on and no mask. Please pick up your player at the CORRECT Exit door.
- No public washrooms for spectators on the rink level. You are allowed to use Stanley’s washrooms, enter from the outside entry door only.
Group Size practices & Skills Only:
- Max capacity 22 participants. This includes only rostered players, coaches, plus 1 certified HCSP. No managers unless they are the HCSP.
- No gameplay is permitted until further notice.
- No spectators permitted at this time
Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association
As one of the largest minor hockey associations in British Columbia, the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association offers an integrated (boys and girls) minor hockey program from Initiation to Juvenile. Featuring both recreational ("C") and competitive ("A") streams, our programs operate out of the three different facilities in the City of Richmond: Richmond Ice Centre (RIC), Minoru Arenas (Stadium and Silver Rinks), Richmond Oval (North and South rinks).
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.