Jets Hockey In Covid Times - #SafetyFirst
For anyone coming to this page who are new to Jets and are wondering why Jets hockey is a safe activity to register your child for, please know the following:
- We follow all Provincial Health orders and restrictions that are in place by the Provincial Health Office (PHO), viaSport, BC Hockey and the City of Richmond.
- There were no noted transmissions as a result of any Richmond Jets ice times during the past year due to our safety protocols in place that is overseen by our Covid-19 Committee.
- Our programs all occur in facilities that are not owned by the Jets and we must follow the rules of each venue that they have mandated to all users based on current restrictions. If we do not follow them, our contracts would be voided and we would not have a place to be on the ice.
- Our number one priority throughout the 2020-21 season was the safety of all our players, coaches, team managers, safety personnel and their families.
- Hockey is one of the only sports that has a certified person onsite at every ice time responsible for keeping the participants safe - the Hockey Canada Safety Person (HCSP).
During the 2020-21 season, we did have a small number of our players/team staff test positive for Covid-19, but we also have a policy that is immediately enacted by the team HCSP that ensures they did not attend an ice time when they had symptoms.
- Prior to every ice time, every person entering the building was required to complete an electronic health check and they were not permitted to enter the building without it being confirmed they were clear.
- Our Covid Committee was in communication with Vancouver Coastal Health regarding every Covid related situation that was brought to our attention and in every situation, our protocols in place determined that there was a very low risk to the rest of the team and we were not instructed at any time to cancel any Jets activities.
- If you have any questions at all about the Covid-19 protocols please contact our Executive Director.
- We look forward to seeing you at the rink!
2021/2022 Season Program
The RJMHA Board of Directors are planning for a typical season at this point in time, starting in mid-August with camps, rep tryouts tentatively set for late August/early September and the season starting after Labour Day in early September. It is important to note that the schedule, permitted activities and PCAHA gameplay for the coming season will be dependent on the BC Government Public Health Orders and the City of Richmond Covid-19 Safety Protocols, but we urge all our members to register early to take advantage of the early bird rates and secure a spot for the 2021-22 season. We will do our best to keep everyone updated as we learn more throughout the summer and how it will affect the 2021-22 season.
Please be sure to read through this memo before proceeding and it will help with the process.
Before you start make sure you are doing the online registration from either your desktop or laptop computer. Most tablets and phones will not let you complete the process.
The first request for email and phone number is NOT for the player. Unless you want the player to receive all the information please be sure to update with parent/guardian information. You can add additional contact information once the initial primary contact information is entered.
Proof of Residency
All returning players must provide proof of residency. Before you start have your documents ready and available in PDF format. The PRIMARY piece must be your property tax assessment or lease agreement (all pages) and the SECONDARY piece must be a utility bill such as Fortis BC, BC Hydro or the City of Richmond utility bill. If you cannot provide as listed please contact the Registrar at email@example.com before proceeding for a list of accepted substitute POR.
All proof of residency documents must be uploaded to your TeamSnap player profile. You will not be able to complete your registration until this step is complete.
Hockey Canada Division
In the online registration, Preseason Camp appears as a $0.00 option. It is NOT FREE. We are taking registration for it now, online, and we will invoice for fees once you are notified of the date and time. Although not confirmed, historically this camp takes place the third week of August and the earliest group (youngest) starts around 3:45 pm and sessions are one hour in length. The approximate cost of this program is $150.00 - $200.00 for the week-long program.
Optional Programs - TBD
This is only applicable to players that are moving to our Association from another one. It will either be a residential move or a Special player move. The special player movement fee is applicable in all other cases but a residential move. For most returning players there is no need to select this option.
The sibling discount (50%) applies to the third (3rd) and subsequent child of the same family. *The discount is applied to the registration fee of the youngest child registered.
There are waivers/releases that you only need to fill out once per registration, regardless of the number of children you are registering. There are some that are per participant – the Covid-19 acknowledgement and the Player Code of Conduct. Some require just a check box and others require a name.
Our player registration is done via the TeamSnap online registration system. If you already have a TeamSnap account, you will be able to log in with your username and password. TeamSnap will be able to identify all the participants that are associated with that account.
Players withdrawing from a Richmond Jets MHA program after commencement shall be entitled to a prorated refund of registration fees paid. Short programs such as preseason skills or rep tryouts will not be refunded.
Refunds will be calculated as fees paid, less the number of weeks or portion thereof during which the player was in the program. A 7% administration fee will be assessed in each instance of a refund. Any refund less than $10.00 will not be issued.
The jersey deposit for Initiation Minor – Novice Major U6 - U9 (H1-4) will be $50.00. U11 - Atom and above $100.00. A postdated cheque for May 1, 2022, made out to Richmond Jets MHA will be collected by your team manager.
In the 2019/2020 season, the Association implemented a volunteer hours policy. Everyone is expected to volunteer for at least five hours over the course of the season. This is over and above what is required at the team level.
Volunteer hours will be tracked by team managers and rather than request a postdated cheque this year, we may add on a surcharge the following season if volunteer hour requirements are not being met.
Once you are ready with your documents click on the appropriate registration button for your 2021-2022 hockey registration. Early bird registration open from May 3rd to June 30th, 2021. Please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Select your player registration type
Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association
As one of the largest minor hockey associations in British Columbia, the Richmond Jets Minor Hockey Association offers an integrated (boys and girls) minor hockey program from Initiation to Juvenile. Featuring both recreational ("C") and competitive ("A") streams, our programs operate out of the three different facilities in the City of Richmond: Richmond Ice Centre (RIC), Minoru Arenas (Stadium and Silver Rinks), Richmond Oval (North and South rinks).
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.